viernes, 9 de septiembre de 2022

#LiveConnection September 9th, 2022


 

I decided to wwebcast today because the recent developments worldwide. And that’s the reason why I’m not in the roof but my newsroom.

On September 8th, EDT, Queen Elizabeth II passed away in Scotland. She was 96 years old. She led the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland for 70 years. For the people who don’t know, that’s the official name of the UK.

Figure out what a portion of history we’re talking about. While I’m webcasting this to you, funerals are going on.

Charles III is the new British king. Taking apart the controversies, we can’t deny late Elizabbeth II has been one of the most prominent icons of the second half of 20th century. Obviously, what is running of 21st century too. Maybe you disagree monarchy, but the historic fact is so.

It wasn’t the only lose on September 8th. Here in Latin America, Argentinians aare mourning.

Marciano Cantero, lead vocal of Los Enanitos Verdes, passed away just on 8th. He suffered from a kidney condition, according to sources.

Maybe Los enanitos Verdes doesn’t mean anything to you. But in Latin American context, we are talking about one of the most representative bands of Latin American Rock. They were part of the so called Argentinian Wave. Soda Stereo, GIT, Fito Paez, or Charly Garcia are part of that. Their hegemony flooded our ears in the 1980s. It continued beginning 1990s.

You can get all them on your favorite streaming platform. Inclusive, there are documentaries you can’t miss. If you don’t know how to spell all these names in Spanish, just leave me a comment on this video. I will help you about. Or if you are watching me on Facebook, and you prefer some discretion, get me on the chat.

On Sunday, when we usually connect, there’s another commemoration. Yes,the 9/11. On September 11th, 2001, four planes were hhijacked in East Coast airports. Two were crashed into the Twin Towers in New York. Other ccrashed the outer section of the Pentagon in Washington DC. The fourth one is belief the passengers took control and crashed at Pennsylvania countryside. It’s not clear what its target was.

For the people over 30 around the globe, this memory is still alive like it happened yesterday. For the youngest, YouTube still holds the full live broadcasts. So you can follow the facts are as they happened, or at least, as they were informed.

In Latin American context, that same day but in 1973, Chile’s President Salvador Allende died during a coup. It was led by Augusto Pinochet, who became a dictator until 1990. Recently, onSunday 4th, Chile vboted to change the Constitution promoted and approved by Pinochet. The new version was disapproved by 61% of voters.

September seems to be a historic month, doesn’t it? I think all those facts must move us to reflection. Are we letting others write that history? Are we writing it? What’s your position?

What I have clear is as the history is happening, I’m going to report it as possible and right as I can. That’s my job.

By the way, I talked you about music on this video. So I want to invite you to go to factortierra.blogspot.com There’s a pretty story about for guys in Piura who joined to make polyphonic music.

Finally, about September, what other anniversary or commemoration this month brings on to your memory? Let me know in the comments box just on this video.

Meanwhile, I thank all the people who joined me until this right moment. Let mme know what other issues you are interested to discuss.

  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario