domingo, 4 de septiembre de 2022

#LiveConnection September 4th, 2022

        

 

 Journalism is the job consisting in searching the reality for explaining it to you. Our goal is you have good information to take better decisions. That’s the theory.

 

It’s true that many times, commercial interests made the journalism to turn a merchandise instead of a service. Inclusive, journalists use to forget the show-business is an issue to cover, not a state to be into. That depends on two crucial aspects. First, we as journalists have to stand strong and defend our real purpose in the society. Second, the public has to understand the facts are more important than the gossip or the rumors. Both depends on education.

 

That’s why, this week, my colleague and best friend Jorge Luis Otero started in Talara City,here in Piura Department, a project with high-school students. It’s a Journalism worshop. What he wants to reach is the students to improve their communication skills. That means speaking good, writing good, explaining good.

 

I learned about that project because Jorge Luis asked me for sending the students a greeting on video. The idea looked me like very good, but I realize the teenagers love surprises. So, I told Jorge Luis to do a little drill in exchange.

 

I performed a little newscast in the same way I webcast my newscasts in Spanish to my broad audience. But this one should be only addressed to that classroom. And we did it so.

 

By using a Zoom connection, I performed a newscast as usual that ended ina little motivational speech. After that experience, Jorge Luis called me to thank, and to tell me that the drill wondered the students because it gave them a first approach about how we manage the news in oder to spread them to the people.

 

Not only with journalism, but I think it would be great if the professions and jobs look for ways to get close the school or high-school students. Why? Because we eestimulate vocations.

Many ttimes, teenagers don’t know what to do about their lives, or maybe they are following a flow or the pressure of their parents. But what do they want to do and to be?

We, who are working in what we love, may be the conduits to teach those teenagers. Obviously, we need teachers who understand how to make that match.

 

The school in actual times must not be encloistered into its walls – it has to expand to the community, and the community has to be open to serve as mentors. This topic has many things to talk, but let’s start up on that idea. Is your school or high-school asking for that kind of connection? Are you able to take that chance and entering the classrooms? Let’s talk about.

  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario