viernes, 16 de septiembre de 2022

#LiveConnection september 16th, 2022


 

For the people who follow the FACTORTIERRA blog, must know we premiered an interesting story about Huancabamba City. It’s located between two branches of the Andean Range, about 4 degrees south latitude. But it’s not an actual story. It’s a story that comes from 1874. That year, the Italian scientist Antonio Raimondi published his book about Peru. It was a very long-term play. Get the full story here.

Raimondi arrived into Peru in 1850. At least here, he’s considered as one of the most important promoters of Natural Sciences in our country.

The story I produced has to do about a geologic highlight. Huancabamba City is built over a fault. And its effects can be seen up to today. As I tell in the story, the first time I realized about the fault was in 2000. My friend Ciro La Madrid lived in the first block of Huascar Street. It’s right one block away Huancabamba Main Square.

The fault runs just in front of his houses’s door. Ciro, his wife Sandra Guerrero, and his kids don’t live right there anymore. However he was the person who confirmed on the field what I had read in the books. Actually, Ciro was the first friend I made there.

As I also tell in the story, the first time I traveled to Huancabamba was in November 1995. It was a 9-hour journey that time. From this location, Huancabamba Main Square is 260 kilometers or 150 miles.

But I didn’t get there by tourism. I went as a researcher. When I studied Radio at Piura University, our professor assigned us to list all the radio stations  as possible across Piura Department. My work team had to research in Paita, Morropon, and Huancabamba Provinces.

We were Isela Arbulu, Susety Suing, and Veronica Malca, if my memory is good.

Paita is a coastal province, so the four went to it, we scanned the entire city. Morropon was our next target, so the four could cover its capital city, Chulucanas. The problem was Huancabamba.

The females didn’t want to go. So,they assigned me to do it. While they were covering Chulucanas, I was covering Huancabamba.

I knew that city as well as nearby Sondor. I was 19 years old.

My first surprise was both towns had short wave radio stations. In other episode, I’m gonna tell you about the fascinant SW world. At the moment, I’ll just say that before Internet, and amid the satellite era, there were radios broadcasting worldwide at low cost.

For that time, I learned about the Huancabamba Fault because the books I showed you the last episode. I wanted to know where it was. It was one of my questions to my friend Ciro that time.

He had no answer. Five years later, the fault was right in front of the house he lived. His parents house, by the way.

Since that time, I was travelling recurrently to Huancabamba, whether tourism or to cover a story. So I may say my connection with Huancabamba is so strong.

Curious fact: Sullana Province was created in 1911 because the advocacy of a congressman named Benjamin Huaman de los Heros. The issue here is Mr Huaman was not from Sullana but Huancabamba. As you know sullana is the province where is Sullana, the city from I webcast this to you.

Other geographic relevant. Chira River has three main tributaries.

Catamayo from Ecuador, Chipillico from sapillica, and Quiroz from Ayabaca and Huancabamba. Actually its further nascent is Laguna Negra in el Carmen de la Frontera, part of Huancabamba Province. And Chira River runs amid Sullana Province, my province.

So Sullana and Huancabamba are pretty connected, anyway. If you want to explore all that connection, go to factortierra.blogspot.com

Write Huancabamba Province in the query box. You also can follow #ComeToHuancabamba on Twitter for more information.

Just to close the Huancabamba stuff, for the story you can find on FACTORTIERRA, there were many people contributing. From Luis Correa, our co executive producer, to Arabella Carrasco, who helped me with the photo production. Arabella is from Huancabamba, actually. Also my friend Ciro is featured.

At least in Spanish, according to LinkedIn, the story was read in Piura, Chiclayo, and Lima, here in Peru. But also in Quito, Ecuador, and Barcelona, Spain. Thanks you all for the preference.

But still in Spanish, Radio Centinela transcript the text, share it on his Facebook page. I noticed people gave likes and shared three times. I also shared it on my Facebook account, @nelsonsullana. For the people who want to read the story in Spanish, go to eltiempo.pe

Oh, thanks angelo Basselli, in Lima City, who red the story and told me a beautiful related story. As he tell me more, I promise I’ll tell you more.

Finally, two tips for you.

On Monday, September 19th, La Palma Island is marking one year after a new volcano broke out at Cumbré Vieja Ridge. I never was in Canary Islands but I cover the full crisis.

If you want to get the full story, go to factortierra.blogspot.com. You can also follow @factortierra on Twitter. I don’t know what the local people is going to do, but maybe I’ll dedicate my full next episode to them. Let me know if you wish to.

And, from a volcanic land to another volcanic land. Mario Kanashiro is in Nagoya, Japan. He’s a fitness dance trainer. But he also is doing manga and animé as a hobby. We have the story in exclusive. Go to chulucanasgym.blogspot.com

. Follow it on Twitter as @chulucanasgym. It’s the top story right now.

  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario